Wednesday, February 23, 2011

19 years old and still learning! Who knew?

My friend Hugo and I were discussig the Bible whilst sitting on the hotel bed and arguing and having fun. I learned some new things about the Bible from him. Now that isn't surprising because we can always learn new things about our wonderful God but what he said in a sense made my faith stronger. He told me that he thinks the Bible is a good book. He even used to be a Christian. He told me that he thinks revelations is absurd and shouldn't be in the Bible. I mean, it makes sense to why someone would think that.

After talking for a while, he told me that revelations wasn't the only absurd thing in the Bible but in Genesis when God wrestled with Jacob as a man. I honestly was flabbergasted. I didn't remember that part. I reread it as it did seem weird.

Genesis 32:24, "So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak."

After some thinking I email my dad about it and he told me what this is believed to mean which made me feel enlighten. If you'd like to look this up yourself, look up William C. Williams' words on Theophany.

This blog post should be in no way your completed readings for this verse. Go read the entire 32:22 until it eds chapter 32 and then read what Williams and may others have said. It makes more sense. My dad explained it in a way of Jesus' form or the man of God's being taking on man's likeness to do acts towards men. Very interesting. I literally didn't know. Thanks Hugo!

No comments: