Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Pains

The feeling that is being pumped into me is happiness. Why you ask? I'm heading back home from vacation to the major city of Bangkok after being on an island. After being on this island for a week and a half, I am starting to feel trapped. It hasn't a claustrophobic feeling of trapped but a feeling like I'm not going anywhere. I'm happy to be heading back to a big city and then in a few days going back home to China.

The the bugs and birds make their noises and the waves pound on the shore, I also feel happy. These are great sounds. I am happy to hear them now but sad for it to be my last day on the beach.

I'll share a picture of this beach when I get back home.
(EDIT I'm not home yet but I got a chance to upload this pic via facebook).

Today we will take a 3 hour ferry back to the mainland and then venture back to Bangkok on a night bus. I need to prepare myself for the feeling of being stuck again. I dislike public bus trips. They are hot, uncomfortable, and noisy. I pray this one will be smooth.

On a side note, two days ago I was unluckily diagnosed with an earache brought on by swimming and I slipped on the rocks last night which caused my lower back to ache. My only wish is that I'll feel better but thinking of returning home after a 17 day vacation makes me smile. Would it you?

On the backside of that first sidenote, the beach makes me miss my family. All of my memories of the beach involve at least one of my family members. But I am happy to be here and I try to tell myself that one day they will be able to enjoy it too! Positive thinking, I must have.

No comments: