Sunday, September 28, 2008

Subtitle

I guess you could call it a subtitle but I could be wrong. In my previous blog (in Spanish) I introduced myself and said that I love languages and I want to go to China next year. I thought I'd give a little reason on: Why in the world go to CHINA?

(no specific order)
Firstly, I am going because I feel called to China. I prayed and asked God what language is next to learn and the next day (no kidding) I was asked if I wanted to learn Chinese at a Chinese restaurant in my future neighborhood (I moved to the neighborhood about 3 months after wards). To me, it was a sign; I was being told by God to take Chinese and it later developed into moving there and learning Chinese by immersion. Oh, and my teacher Charles (Zhengrong) Li (Mr. Li) is a Christian who was converted when his family moved to L.A from Chengdu, China.

Second, I am not going to China for me (I never even liked languages before Spanish in 10th grade 2006-2007, but now I LOVE THEM), I am going for Him. It's my calling through Him, His life in me, and nothing of it is mine. I simply have faith and I trust that it will work out. Yes, faith without work is dead, but faith that he will work in me to do the work is what I have faith in. I have no doubts or bad feelings about this; it is my calling and I know I am supposed to go. God could change it the morning of the plane ride, but I have faith that he'll lead me in the right direction.

Lastly, from the day I entered my Latin class in 9th grade, I was instantly good at Latin. I hated it in 8th grade and I was really bad, but it started to make sense. All of it clicked and I have no idea why. I didn't study it outside of school, but it just clicked. In 10th grade, we started Spanish and I remember Mr. Thomas wrote on the board: Como se llamas. I thought to myself and even said it out loud when he asked me, "Come see my llamas?" Funny, but true. We wrote down a full notebook page of words and the first one was fecha (date in spanish) and it just clicked. I was drawn too it and good at it too.

All I have to say is, God is a wonderful mystery and I love reading his novels.

I think that covers it, but do ask if you need more details! :]


P.S Here are some pictures of where I hope to go in China. (Chengdu *become capitol*, Sichuan Province *4 rivers*)

FUN FACT: Chengdu was the first widely place that used paper money.






City restaurant. (left)







Right (Pandas *Chengdu is the birthplace of pandas*)




















Above (Jinli lu *Jin Li Street*)

Below (Chunxi lu *Chun Xi Street* -x's are pronounced like the sh in she-)

2 comments:

Kraig McNutt said...

I believe God has called you to go too.

What he calls you to do He will also equip and provide.

Joe said...

Whoa Matthew my boy!

At your age I was thinking about being the best rock drummer!

I want to support you Matt in spirit. I can't financially right now, but when I can I will!

Let me know how I can encourage you because you have encouraged me!!!

PS--Remember our little devotion when I visited outside and you were sick.

Then we talked about nutrition and worked out a little.