Sunday, May 31, 2009

Alec/Sun Hao


I met Alec on chinauspals.com in March and we have been friends ever since. He plans to move to America for college in Oklahoma. He is a great guy and wants to major in finance. He has a Chinese girlfriend who lives in Canada and he is Buddhist. He is very traditional. He reminds me a lot of myself even though we are completely different in so many ways. I'm slowing trying to lead him towards Christ but our language barrier (he speaks about 65% English) intercedes at times. I really hope we can become brothers in Christ. He has already become an earthly brother (xiongdi) to me and I can only pray for him.

He asks me for advice with his girlfriend a lot. Most of the conversations we have are because in China and him being Buddhist, he is very traditional and even having a guys arm around you is frowned upon. I try to explain him the cultural barrier and I think he understand but he just doesn't like it.

I talk to him for hours at a time on msn. We sometimes talk on Skype but mainly msn. Today, we talked on msn while we was in a Cafe called Wang Ba in Beijing, China.


No comments: