Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thoughts

I was thinking about living in China and my life right now and a thought popped into my head (I have thought of this before, but I feel like it's evidence that I am called to China for Him). This isn't my life, for I didn't make it nor did I wish for it in order for my creation. God created me out of love and has put forth a calling in my heart for His will. I believe that God placed China and the Chinese language in my heart in order to perform the calling He placed in me. I can become an interpreter in America by studying a language for 5 years, but I think God wants me to go to China to minister, teach, and love with "beneficent affection" to the Chinese people which means learning the Chinese language in China. I don't think I can perform my calling for Him to the fullest in America, but that could easily change if He wishes it so. That doesn't mean that I have to learn this second, but I think the time is coming shortly. The simplest way I can say it is this: God wants me to go to China to learn Chinese and that is His plan; I don't think I'm supposed to become fluent in America. I am not certain on this, but I think that is what He is trying to tell me. I need to pray about it and please pray for me in my journey.

3 comments:

Kraig McNutt said...

I will praying for your leading and direction. What an honor to be called by God. You must obey His call!! Love, MOM

Kraig McNutt said...

God will make your way smooth. Have you read Don't Waste Your Life by Piper?

Joe said...

My 3 cents (I tend to over spend with opinions)

Go to China ASAP!
1. You have a heart that seeks after God
2. You have parents that support you.
3. You have the talent and skills
4. You have the desire
5. You have articulated the desire
6. You have a dad that has resources to support you
7. God has allowed a negative (maybe you see it as a positive) to move a lot during your childhood years. This has preconditioned you for moving and change.
8. Learning a language IN the culture has no close 2nd.
9. You're young and idealistic...capitalize on this before life beats ya up some.
10. You're single and have the time...EXPLORE LIFE NOW!

I'm out.