Friday, October 3, 2008

Programming

I learned php when I was 15 and can finally say that I know php. It is very useful and helps in various webjobs that I might do. To start off php us a computer language scripting device that interacts with databases in order to make something like: facebook, myspace, or even blogger. They are not all made with php, but you can make them in php. If you want to completely master php you will need to know a few other script langauges as well. First there is mysql. Mysql is the database scripting language that allows one to interect with an online datebase that could hold you account information. For instance, on blogger you have serveral database tables (in a single database tables are the categories: users, blogs, blog_replies, and others). Inside each table are what you call rows. If you take the users table the rows might be username, email, password, or about_me. You get the point. Second, you'd need to know html. Html is a website scripting language that is very common in today's myspace page. A simple bolding of a text or as complex as the creating a post page on blogger was made in html. Html is a visual script so all (or 98%) you see in html will result in something visual. Lastly, is the very helpful script called css. Css is a visual script as well. It can be used to change the background color, font color, table bg color, and more. Html can do all of this as well, but css is a fast way or plugging in design with a simple added tag.

That's a little info about php and it's relatives. It's a little part of me, but not something I want to continue as a career. I will program for money in tight spots, but I don't want to sit at a computer desk my entire life.

2 comments:

Kraig McNutt said...

You're amazing. I can't spell PHP.

Matthew Soren! said...

haha You spell it just fine.